Terms & Conditions
- This website (“the Website”) is owned and operated by Crew Birmingham Limited, company number 10717845 (England) and whose registered address is 292 Wake Green Road, Birmingham, B13 9QP.
- Please contact us if you have any queries about these terms and conditions and their effect. These terms were last updated on 01/05/17.
- The following terms and conditions apply to all users of the site whether you are a Crew Member with a profile, employer searching for Crew / Facilities, an agent, an advertiser or service provider. By using the ‘Crew Birmingham’ Website you are accepting these terms and conditions, and must abide and comply by them. Please refrain from using the site should you not agree with them.
- To register on the site as a crew member, you must meet a certain criteria:
• Be above the age of 18 years old
• Be legally allowed to work in the UK
• Live within an hours driving commute from your permanent home address to Birmingham city centre
• Have two or more years paid work within the Film/TV industry
- We aim to process each application within three working days of receipt, but we can of course, not guarantee this.
- This is a site for offering PAID JOBS ONLY.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS & COPYRIGHTS:
- Crew Birmingham Limited are the owners / licensee’s of all the intellectual property rights on the site which includes all the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright and all such rights are reserved.
- You may not copy, transmit, modify or distribute any content in any form from the Crew Birmingham Website. It is strictly prohibited to do so in any form without prior written consent from Crew Birmingham Limited.
- You may not make any unlawful or unauthorised use of any content on this site. This includes making any disclosure of confidential, personal or sensitive information from the Crew profiles.
- You may not make use of any content (other than that you have provided yourself) in any manner, which may compete with our business.
USING THE SITE:
- In using this site you must comply with all applicable laws. You also agree that you will not:
• stalk, harass or threaten any person on this site
• contact users for reasons unrelated to the site
• send unauthorised, unlawful or offensive communications to users (including spam and marketing communications)
• attempt to gain unauthorised access, introduce or attempt to introduce any computer virus or other malware or cause any ‘denial of service’ attack
• misrepresent yourself to another party or commit or assist others to commit any criminal or fraudulent act
- If you feel that you have had communication that appears to be unlawful, inaccurate or inappropriate from a user or a third party service, please report it to us. We may, at our absolute discretion, investigate the matter and take appropriate action.
- The use of the Crew Birmingham Website by any persons employed or involved with advertising companies, particularly in connection with direct marketing or sales purposes by mail, telephone or email, is strictly prohibited.
- By entering the Crew Birmingham Website the user accepts a charge of £10,000 if the site is used for advertising canvassing purposes or published in any way.
- It is your responsibility that all information provided by you on the Crew Birmingham Website is licensed and owned by you and is accurate and kept up to date. The quality of the service provided to you and other users depends on you providing accurate, complete and lawful content. Therefore you agree that you have done so to the best of your knowledge.
- You have the right to request removal of your profile and details at any time. Notify us in writing and we will aim to have you removed within a week. This will allow us time to remove you from the site.
YOUR LIABILITY USING THE SITE:
- Whilst our Website provides communication between yourselves and third parties it is ultimately your responsibility to arrange contracts and dealings between yourselves, we are in no way responsible for them. This includes anything of monetary value or delivery of services.
- Note for Employers – It is your responsibility to ensure that the Crew you have chosen have all the correct and necessary required licences, checks and qualifications to carry out the job offered.
- Note for Employees – It is your responsibility to ensure that the company hiring you is legitimate and a fully regulated company that is paying you more than the national minimum wage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any job or appointment offered to you is acceptable to you on your terms and conditions. We are unable to verify or provide assurance relating to the nature or duration of, or payment of any such job or appointment.
- We shall not be liable to you for any types of loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website or any of the content and/or facilities provided via the Website.
- We are not responsible for the content or reliability of third party Websites to which are linked on the site. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
- The service and content we provide is for your information and convenience only and is not intended to be relied upon.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you work nor that employers will view your profile.
- We have the right to cancel your profile and delete your content from the Crew Birmingham Website at any time, without reason.
- We have the right to refuse (without reason) any requests to join the database should we deem them to be unsuitable for the Website.
- We reserve the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
- Crew Birmingham may become unavailable for short periods of time for upgrading and maintenance of the site. Or occasionally may loose connections for technical or network reasons. You agree not to hold us liable for any loss or damage caused by these events.
- The material displayed on our site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
a/ any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
b/ The contents of the site are for general informational purposes only (and do not constitute any form of professional advice) and should not be used or relied upon as a substitute for detailed advice specific to you or your organisation.
c/ This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
The opinions expressed within the Profiles and Reviews are those of the author and not the views or opinions of Crew Birmingham Limited. Company number 10717845 Registered address 292 Wake Green Road Birmingham B13 9QP.